I haven't written a blog in months, and I apologize. My life went off the rails a bit there. It went something like this:
1. Decided to get a divorce.
2. Got a full time job.
3.Moved out of my house. Gave up primary custody of my children, left my pets (and constant companions), and watched my life do a complete 180 in a matter of days.
4. Moved into an apartment.
5. Had to put my dog to sleep before I could even unpack.
6. Tried to adopt a new dog and on the day of the home visit...
7. Got notice that the power to my apartment would be shut off due to unpaid electric bills since 2012 on the landlord's part.
8. Found a new apartment, packed up, and moved in a week.
9. Went on a two week vacation that included a free trip to Mexico and then my 20 year high school reunion.
10. Tried to re-adopt the previous dog and was told by the rescue group that they wouldn't proceed because I worked a full time job.
11. Came home to an unpacked apartment and no dog
12. Had a nervous breakdown
I am a stoic person. Even keeled. Generally not prone to weeping.
I had to buy a cucumber yesterday. For my eyes. The redness and puffiness appears to be permanent.
I have clearly hit my limit.
I'm not one to wallow in it. I spent yesterday whipping the new apartment into shape, and I will be getting myself a dog somehow, some way, in the very near future. I have plans firming up that will hopefully give me the financial stability that I crave (desperately) and improve my career prospects. I am moving forward, and in many respects, this is the happiest I've been in a long time.
It's just been a process putting all the hard things behind me.