Thursday, April 09, 2009
I received this awesome award from Amy at Magical Muse http://www.magicalmuse.typepad.com
Here are the rules:
First, Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a Mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you’ve written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It’s over with, it’s in the past. Remember, you’re a good Mom!
I feel bad that sometimes I care more about having peace and quiet than I do about being with my own children. I find myself trying to tune them out, find ways to put space between us, and really thrill at the idea of the day when they both attend haf day school five days a week. It's not that I don't love them, but I have the energy level of an introvert, and must have peace and quiet to internally reboot.
Then, Remind yourself you are a good Mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love that my love of music and dancing has rubbed off on Sam. We have a lot of fun together dancing, especially to the Copa Cabana. It's becoming a tradition whenever we're in the car.
2. I love to blow raspberries with John. It's a great way to get him to laugh and he has a glorious laugh.
3. The boys love my spontinaity and the way I like to celebrate silly things, like warm weather and because it's Thursday.
4. I understand why Lightening McQueen shoes are of pivotal importance to a 2-year-old.
5. I delight in Sam's newfound language skills. The ways he uses words and language astounds and amuses me. Syrup is "waffle ketchup" and tires are "car shoes".
6. I love watching the boys play with each other. It's something I never had growing up (I was an only child) and I think it is wonderful that they are already such good friends.
7. I love the chance to be let-it-all-hang-out goofy with the boys. Whether it's singing bad opera to Sam or making up silly songs for John, I feel like I can completely take leave of my senses when I'm around them. And sometimes when I lose myself in play with them, I reach heights of euphoria I didn't think were possible.
Finally, I am supposed to link 5 other mothers across the Blog-o-sphere, to nominate them for this award.
Kelly at Happy Shack Designs http://www.happyshackdesigns.blogspot.com
Kristine at Inner Voice http://kristinecoblitz.wordpress.com/
Christa at A Vocational Duality http://freelancemother.wordpress.com
Cathy at Creative Constuction http://www.creativeconstruction.wordpress.com
Nicole at Cupcakes and Kittens http://www.cupcakesandkittens.blogspot.com
(She hasn't updated her blog in a year, but maybe this will motivate her to get on it. :-) )