Okay, it's June... Time to check in with that pesky to-do list...
1) Finish my book.
Not finished... but the finish line is in sight. The conference in October is really motivating me to work on it.
2) Maintain my weight loss (about 60 lbs in total since August 12th)
Drats! Gained about 5 lbs... Need to start eating better. However, in my defense, the reason I am gaining weight is because healthy food is ridiculously expensive all of a sudden! What is going on at the grocery store these days? Over $3 for a gallon of milk? $5.99 for a locally grown watermelon? At this rate, is it any wonder why I'm living on grilled cheese sandwiches and corn chips?
3) Go to the gym at least 3x a week.
Hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah right. 'm not sure I even think about the gym 3x a week.
4) Improve my cardiovascular fitness.
Um.... I lug 20 lbs of dead weight up and down stairs all day. That's got to count for something.
5) Keep Sam's baby book updated.
Haven't cracked it in months.
6) Become really adept at managing our household expenses.
7) Finish decorating downstairs. (Select fabric for curtains and pillows and make them, continue my collection of westie and scottie doorstops, paint the powder room, get all my prints framed and hung...)
No further progress. Tom is starting to lay the ceramic tile though. We're doing a pinwheel pattern on the entire ground floor - about 1000 sqaure feet. It's going to take a long time, but it's gorgeous.
8) Reorganize and rebuild my office so that it's no longer a dumping ground for household odds and ends.
Done. Sort of. Sam brings strange things in though.
9) Create workable organizational systems in the house.
I have surrendered to the chaos.
10) Write well in my children's lit class this spring.
11) Write a few short stories to submit to contests.
Dream on, Brittany.
12) Submit my play "A Day In the Life" to some contests.
Again, dream on.
13) Keep Sam happy and healthy.
So far so good.
14) Become more involved with my friends and the groups I belong to.
I'm getting the NANOWRIMO group together for group critique in preparation for conference.. I haven't done anything with them in almost a year, so it'll be good to get going with the writing buddies again.